Apple seeds the second beta for iOS 9.2 to developers
Apple has seeded its second release of the iOS 9.2 beta to developers for all eligible iOS devices. iOS 9.2 beta 2 includes several bug fixes and improvements including the ability to dismiss the Safari View Controller with an edge swipe.
The update is available right now as an OTA update for devices running the previous beta, and is also available via Apple’s developer Member Center. iOS 9.2 beta 1 contained new features and fixes for Safari View Controller.
Here’s a list of the new features and improvements in iOS 9.2 beta 2 :
- New: Safari View Controller, the new Safari window that opens up when you click on a link in some apps, can now be dismissed using an edge swipe.
- Bug Fix: iOS 9.2 beta 2 also fixes a bug which caused the stocks glance to go missing when you un-paired and re-paired your Apple Watch.
- Bug fix: It also fixes syncing music issue with Apple Watch.
- Bug fix: It also resolves an issue impacting audio quality when playing audio over USB with some car stereos.
- Bug Fix: Videos with ‘folw’ track associations will no longer fail to play on 32-bit devices.
- Note: Apple also notes that if users get a Could Not Set Up iCloud Keychain error when they’re setting up iCloud keychain, then they should reboot the device to fix the issue.
The biggest change is the new edge swipe-to-dismiss for Safari View Controller. As per the previous beta, Safari View Controller has been a big focus, and it continues to be so on beta 2.
iOS 9.2 also includes several bug fixes and enhancements related to Safari View Controller. Third-party Action Extensions will now work with the Safari View Controller, which is the new window that opens up when you click on a link in some apps.
If you’ve found any other new features or changes in iOS 9.2 beta, please let us now in the comments.