Hacker and unc0ver lead developer Pwn20wnd has released a new beta of unc0ver 3.0 jailbreak on Monday, bringing it up to version 3.0.0 beta 50 with a plethora of new bug fixes and additional options when jailbreaking your handset.
The new options are primarily meant for developers and advanced users and will not benefit regular jailbroken iPhone/iPad users in any way. The full change-log of the update is below.
04/15/2019 – v3.0.0~b50 was released for public testing with the following changes:
– Fix a bug in loading Substrate
– Add a switch to enable get-task-allow on every process for developers
– Add a switch to set CS_DEBUGGED on every process for developers
– Add a switch to use the SSH-Only mode on any unbootstrapped device for developers
– Update jailbreak-resources
– Update the APT lists cache file for repositories
– Update the root filesystem remount to always name the original snapshot by appending “.disabled” to the name of the system snapshot
– Improve the performance
It’s worth noting that unc0ver v3.0.0 beta 50 supports all versions of iOS from 11.0-12.1.2, but it still cannot fully jailbreak A12(X) devices. At the time of this writing, unc0ver can only ‘partially’ jailbreak A12(X) devices; this is a limitation that won’t be addressed until Saurik first updates Cydia Substrate to support Apple’s latest devices.
The latest public release of the unc0ver jailbreak tool is v2.2.6 with support for iOS 11.0-11.4 beta 4 – the unc0ver v3.0.0 pre-release is the only iteration that supports iOS 11.4-11.4.1. Both versions of the unc0ver jailbreak tool can be had from Pwn20wnd’s official GitHub repository.
Have you downloaded and used unc0ver v3.0.0 beta 50 yet? Let us know in the comments section below.