Pangu released a new jailbreak tool for iOS 9 – 9.0.2 – Download Link
We’ve some great news for jailbreakers. Pangu has just released a new jailbreak tool for iOS 9. This is really a big surprise for jailbreak community as we were expecting a jailbreak after the final release of iOS 9.1. iOS 9.1 is already in beta and the final version is expected to go live at the end of this month. So releasing a jailbreak at this time could give Apple time to patch the exploit in iOS 9.1. But we are sure that the Pangu team is also aware of this fact and they might have another exploit for iOS 9.1 too.
We are very excited to announce the release of Pangu 9, the first untethered jailbreak tool for iOS 9 (http://t.co/0ksOanTGRF).
— PanguTeam (@PanguTeam) October 14, 2015
The new tool supports iOS 9.0 through 9.0.2 and is compatible with all the iPhones, iPads and iPods running iOS 9 including the latest iPhone 6s and 6s Plus.
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 and iPhone 4s
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3 and iPad 2
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, 1st gen iPad mini
- 6th generation iPod touch, 5th generation iPod touch
It is currently available only for Windows. Pangu team has provided the following details on their website :
1. Preparations for jailbreak.
Please backup your device before using Pangu. Although we have successfully tested Pangu with a number of devices, we strongly suggest you backup your data via iTunes before jailbreak.
In order to increase the success rate, please switch your device to airplane mode, and disable passcode and “find my iPhone” functions in system setting.
2. Unable to jailbreak devices that are upgraded via OTA
The firmware upgraded via OTA affects Pangu 9 a lot and usually causes Pangu 9 to fail. If you have failed many times, please try to download the latest firmware and restore your iOS devices.
In addition, Pangu itself now provides a functionality to easily restore iOS devices and automatically complete the activation and jailbreak, through a simple one-click.
3. the warning of “Disk is almost full”.
This is because during the jailbreaking process, Pangu will write some important files into the system partition and lead to this warning. However, it will not affect your device. If Cydia is installed, it will re-adjust the system files on its first launch and then the warning would disappear.
4. Suggestions after several failed attempts
1. Please switch to the airplane mode, try again.
2. Please reboot both your iOS devices as well as your computer, and try again.
3. Please use the restore functionality in Pangu to restore your device, and try again.
You can download Pangu jailbreak for iOS 9 – iOS 9.0.2 from our download page.
We’ll be back with a full tutorial, but keep in mind that because iOS 9 is very different from iOS 8, it is expected that many tweaks will not be working right away.
How are you feeling right now ? If so, let us know how you feel in the comments.