Redesigned Twitter for Mac users with dark theme and new features released
Twitter has finally delivered on its promise of redesigning the official app for Mac, The new Twitter 4.0 experience starts with a brand new dark theme for those who prefer the Finder’s optional dark appearance in OS X Yosemite and El Capitan.
If you are a Mac user, then simply head to the App Store and download the update. The update not only brings a new look but it also adds a number of useful new features to the application, that make the experience of using the social network better in the native app. Most notable feature introduced in this update is the dark theme mode, which allows users to switch from the light theme to dark mode. It not only looks good but is also useful when you are using the app in a dark environment.
Other enhancements in this edition of Twitter for Mac include the ability to mute accounts, use a new Today widget to see Twitter Highlights in the Notification Center, group chats with up to 50 people and support for Twitter’s new quotation format, animated GIFs and inline video playback. Overall the app feels good, however lovers of the old app might miss the look and feel of the previous version. The new app is certainly is a step in the right direction.
Here’s the full changelog :
What’s New in Version 4.0.0
Don’t call it a comeback!
Twitter for Mac is getting the update you’ve been asking for. Now it looks and feels more like the Twitter you carry with you everyday. We’ve built in some of the most-requested features so your Twitter for Mac experience combines what you love about Twitter with the elegance you expect on a Mac. Here’s what we’ve added:
• Inline video playback – You’ll see videos play directly in your feed.
• GIFs support – See animations without leaving your timeline.
• Group Direct Messages – Create and receive private notes with up to 50 people.
• Mute – Silence specific accounts so you no longer see them in your feed.
• Today Center Widget – Get your Twitter Highlights right on your desktop.
• Dark Theme – Now you can see the world in black or white.
• Updated design – Get the latest improvements to icons, buttons, and interactions.
• Quote Tweet – Add your two cents to any Retweet.
You can download the official Twitter app for Mac from the Mac App Store using the link below.
- Download Twitter for Mac