When it comes to the best jailbreak tweaks in Cydia, Ryan Petrich’s Activator will always make it to the list. But what is more important is that he is constantly releasing updates to improve the tweak and keep it stable. Ryan has now released the first beta of Activator v1.9.11 which comes with a new gesture and a couple of new features and bug fixes.
The latest beta comes with a new gesture that allows you to long hold on Touch ID to trigger an event. Likewise, it has added support for car connection events, which is when a CarPlay accessory has been detected in your car.
Here’s the complete changelog for v1.9.11 beta 1:
- Add third-party and more default settings pane actions
- Add long hold Touch ID event
- Adjust short hold Touch ID event behaviour
- Add support for car connection events (when a CarPlay-compatible automobile accessory is encountered)
- Fix some search bar related bugs on iOS 9
- Treat camera/calculator apps open at the lock screen as still being at the lock screen
- Fix phone actions on iOS 7
- Fix respring when settings are reset
The update mostly includes fixes for bugs that are prevalent in earlier versions of the tweak, so if you are facing any of the issues mentioned in the changelog then it may be a good idea to update to the latest beta version.
Since it’s a beta update, you will have to add Ryan Petrich’s repo to Cydia to install it. To do so, launch Settings and go to Sources -> Edit -> Add and type in the following URL: http://rpetri.ch/repo . Once his repo has been added and Cydia refreshes, search for Activator and install/update it.
What do you think of the latest Activator beta?