Apple on Wednesday released iOS 12.1.1 to the public, following several weeks of beta testing. The minor update doesn’t bring about any major new features, but it does include FaceTime Live Photos, a refreshed FaceTime UI that offers quicker access to important actions, and other improvements.
Here are your full release notes:
iOS 12.1.1 adds features and fixes bugs for your iPhone and iPad including:
- Notification preview using haptic touch on iPhone XR
- Dual SIM with eSIM for additional carriers on iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max
- One tap to flip between the rear and front-facing camera during a FaceTime call
- Live Photo capture during one-to-one FaceTime calls
- The option to hide the sidebar in News on iPad in landscape orientation
As usual, today’s update can be installed over-the-air by navigating to the Settings app > General > Software Update > Download and Install. You’ll want to make sure you have over 50% battery life and connected to a Wi-Fi network if possible. An ‘Automatic Updates’ option can be found on the same page.