The Apple-owned headphone-maker Beats officially unveiled a new pair of ‘totally wireless’ headphones called Powerbeats Pro and they will be launching soon. Powerbeats Pro are the first AirPods-like truly wireless headphones from Beats and offer up to 9 hours of listening time. The headphones also come with a charging case that extends the total battery life of the headphones for up to 24 hours.
Unlike the AirPods, the new Powerbeats Pro headphones are both sweat and water resistant and offer adjustable, secure-hit earhooks. The earhooks and sweat proofing that are also found on Powerbeats 3 make these headphones suitable for workouts and sports. While Powerbeats Pro look similar to Beats Powerbeats 3 headphones, they feature a more modern looking design.
Apart from the design changes the biggest thing that differentiates the two headphones is the fact that Powerbeats Pro are totally wireless while Powerbeats 3 have a cable connecting the left and right sides.
And finally, features:
- Sound – Sound was the highest priority in the development of Powerbeats Pro. Completely re-engineered from the inside out, the earphones boast an upgraded linear piston driver that leverages an efficient, pressurized airflow to create a powerful acoustic response in a small package. Enhanced sound quality means incredibly low distortion and great dynamic range across the entire frequency curve.
- Fit – To achieve the best possible fit on the widest array of ears, over 20 configurations were electronically modeled and physically tested. The result is a completely new, ergonomically angled acoustic housing that nests comfortably in the concha bowl of the ear with an off-axis nozzle. It comes with four sizes of ear tips and a redesigned, adjustable ear hook.
- Talk – Powerbeats Pro delivers incredible voice performance for phone calls. A first for Beats, a speech-detecting accelerometer in each earbud and two beam-forming microphones per side target your voice and filter out external sounds such as wind and ambient noise. This means you can answer a quick mid-workout call at the gym with clarity and confidence.
- Battery – Each earbud has up to 9 hours of listening time and more than 24 hours of combined playback with the magnetic closure case. With Fast Fuel, you get 1.5 hours of playback after just 5 minutes of charging and up to 4.5 hours after 15 minutes of charging.
- Connectivity – Class 1 Bluetooth® technology offers extended range and exceptional cross-body performance, meaning fewer dropouts. Each earbud independently connects to your device, so you can choose to use one or both.
- Apple H1 Chip – Simply say “Hey Siri” for voice-activated assistance without having to reach for your iPhone. Powered by the new Apple H1 chip, Powerbeats Pro delivers a faster and more stable wireless connection to your devices.
Powerbeats Pro headphones come in four color options including Ivory, Black, Moss and Navy. They will launch in May and will cost $249.95.