Alongside announcing a new low-cost 9.7-inch iPad model with a brighter Retina display and the A9 chip, the iPhone 7/Plus (PRODUCT)RED Special Edition series, Apple today also announced a brand new iOS app designed to allow users to create expressive videos on their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
It is the functionality that the app offers after that which separates it from other apps present in the App Store. Like other apps, you can add filters, overlays, posters, background music, and titles to your photos and videos. In addition to that and unlike other apps, Clip also allows you a timeline so that you can add stitch together a bunch of photos and videos if you want to.
A feature unique to Clips is its Live Titles feature which allows one to add titles over their photos and videos but using voice. So, once you have added a photo or video to Clips, simply select the Live Titles option, select your desired style, and proceed to record the title that you want. The app will automatically convert your voice from 36 different languages into the title you want.
Clips also introduces Live Titles, a breakthrough feature that lets users create animated captions and titles using just their voice. Fun effects including comic book filters, speech bubbles, shapes and full-screen animated posters help bring out the personality in videos made with Clips.
Apple says that animated captions are generated automatically, as you speak, appearing on screen perfectly synced with your voice. You can mix and match different styles, adjust captions by adding your own text and punctuation, inline emoji and more.
Live Titles supports 36 different languages.
Here are other highlights:
- Spread some video joy—Introducing Clips. A new iOS app for making and sharing fun videos with text, effects, graphics and more.
- Capture a moment—Adding content is simple and quick. Just record it on the spot or grab a video clip or photo from your library.
- Say it, see it— Live Titles let you easily create animated captions — just by talking as you record. Choose from a variety of styles, all perfectly timed to the sound of your voice.
- Jazz things up—Pick a filter that flatters. Drop in an emoji. Apply overlays like speech bubbles and arrows. Or set the mood with music that automatically adjusts to the length of your video.
- Share smarter—Clips recognizes who’s in your videos and makes smart suggestions for sharing. Just tap a name to send your video using Messages.
The clips that you create in Clips can be shared with any other app or you can save them locally on your device as well. If you want to share a clip on iMessage, the app will make use of a new feature called Smart Suggestions to automatically recommend people to whom you should share the clip. The recommendations are based on the faces of the people that are actually present in the photo/video of the clip.
The app will be available on App Store at no charge beginning in April.
Clips is compatible with iPhone 5s and later, the new 9.7-inch iPad, all iPad Air and iPad Pro models, iPad mini 2 and later and sixth-generation iPod touch with iOS 10.3 or later.
For more information, visit apple.com/clips.