The latest beta of Unc0ver is out with iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 jailbreak support. What’s even better is that it has Cydia and Substrate support meaning you can jailbreak your iPhone and start installing your favorite tweaks right away. Confused as to how you can jailbreak your iPhone or iPad though? Follow this guide then.
The steps to jailbreak an iPhone or iPad running iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 using unc0ver is actually pretty simple. It is just a matter of downloading the app and letting it do its job properly.
For now, the latest beta of unc0ver 3.0.0 supports the following devices:
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPad Air
- 6th gen iPad
Don’t be disappointed about the lack of support for A7 and A12 devices like the iPhone XS and iPhone XR since that will be added soon.
- Make sure that no iOS 12 OTA file is downloaded on your iPhone or iPad. Delete it from Settings -> Storage and then proceed to reboot your device before attempting to jailbreak it
- While Cydia and Substrate compatibility is there, some repos might not work due to an iOS 12 bug
- To prevent future iOS 12 OTA updates from being downloaded on your device, you can install the tvOS 12 profile on it
- Make sure to create a backup of all important data on the device
Warning: Some of our readers have reported that they are facing boot loop issue. So we would recommend caution before proceeding.
If your iPhone or iPad is running iOS 12.1.4, you can downgrade it to iOS 12.1.1 beta 3 as its still being signed by Apple.
How to Jailbreak iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 Using Unc0ver and Installing Cydia
Things You Need to Download
1. After you have downloaded the items above connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer with a USB cable and launch Cydia Impactor.
2. Once your iOS device shows up in Cydia Impactor drag and drop the unc0ver v3.0.0 IPA onto the Cydia Impactor tool.
3. During the process Cydia Impactor will ask you for your Apple ID username and password. If you have two-factor authentication, then you need to create an app-specific password by going to appleid.apple.com.
4. Enter Apple ID details and then wait for the process to complete. Once Cydia Impactor is done with the installation unlock your iPhone and look for the ‘unc0ver‘ app icon.
5. Launch ‘unc0ver‘ app on your device. At this point you will get an app trust error. To solve this go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management > Your Apple ID > And tap on Trust button.
6. Return to home and launch ‘Unc0ver‘ again. Finally tap on the ‘Jailbreak‘ button.
During the jailbreak process your device will reboot a number of times. You might also get errors but you should keep trying until the jailbreak works and you see the Cydia icon on your home screen. You will also get a Jailbreak Complete popup after which your iPhone will reboot automatically.
Once the whole jailbreak process is complete you should be able to run Cydia and install compatible iOS 12 tweaks of your choice.
Note: If you are launching Cydia and it crashes on launch then launch unc0ver app and activate the jailbreak again.