As we eagerly wait for iOS 11 jailbreak, hacker Abraham Masri has released a jailbreak called Saïgon jailbreak for iOS 10.2.1 for 64-bit iOS devices.
Apple had released iOS 10.2.1 to patch the vulnerabilities that were used by the Yalu Jailbreak to jailbreak iOS 10 – iOS 10.2. There hasn’t been a jailbreak for iOS 10.2.1 was released back in January.
Saïgon jailbreak for iOS 10.2.1 supports the following 64-bit devices:
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone SE
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad Pro
- iPod Touch 6G
Saïgon jailbreak doesn’t support 32-bit devices such as:
- iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 and older models
- iPod touch 5G and older models
- iPad mini, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4
Unfortunately, you can’t downgrade down to iOS 10.2.1 as Apple has stopped signing iOS 10.2.1 in February. So you will be able to use Saïgon jailbreak only if you are still on iOS 10.2.1.
Saïgon jailbreak ipa isn’t available so you will need to use Xcode to create the Saïgon.ipa file using the source code from github to sideload it or use Cydia Impactor to install the ipa and to jailbreak iPhone, iPad or iPod touch on iOS 10.2.1. After you have created the Saïgon.ipa file you can follow the below steps:
- Download the .ipa file and Cydia Impactor
- Open Cydia Impactor and connect your device
Drag the Saïgon.ipa file onto the Cydia Impactor window
- Enter your Apple ID (email and password)
- Open Settings → General → Profiles & Device Management
- Trust the new certificate → open saïgon
- Tap ‘jailbreak’ and enjoy!
- If fails, please reboot and try again
Things have been very quiet on the iOS 11 jailbreak front, but it is interesting to see that the jailbreak community has released the Pheonix jailbreak for iOS 9.3.5 in August and now the Saïgon jailbreak for iOS 10.2.1. While it highlights how difficult it has become to jailbreak iOS, it is encouraging to see hackers like Abraham Masri haven’t given up and continues to release jailbreaks.
If you’re on iOS 10.2.1, then let us know if you were able to successfully jailbreak iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using Saïgon jailbreak.